NCMAF and the Marsh Center Joins Forces

IRVING, Texas (March 16, 2022)— The Marsh Center for Chaplain Studies, a chaplaincy-focused center of B. H. Carroll Theological Institute, has entered into a collaborative effort with the National Conference on Ministry to the Armed Forces (NCMAF), Washington D.C. This partnership highlights an educational solution primarily for mid-level chaplains serving in the Department of Defense, Bureau of Prisons (BoP), the Veterans Affairs hospitals (VA), and other departments and agencies within the federal government. 

NCMAF is developing a Post-graduate Advanced Chaplaincy Leadership Program. The Marsh Center is joining this effort to enhance the program’s implementation and work with coordinating seminaries and theological institutions to grant doctoral-level credit.

Dr. Jim Browning, director of the Marsh Center, expressed gratitude and excitement for this partnership. “When I was a mid-level active duty chaplain, I realized I needed additional education beyond what I received through my Master of Divinity and Doctorate of Ministry degree. Through NCMAF’s and the Marsh Center’s efforts, we will work with endorsers and institutions to address this need.” 

Jack Lea, executive director of NCMAF stated, “Much work remains. Yet we are convinced we can support and accomplish a higher level of education for chaplains by working together. We are grateful for the Marsh Center’s joint effort in this endeavor and are equally excited to build collaborative synergy.” 

Published: Mar 16, 2022

6606bc71dcb18
0
0