Faces of Carroll: Jonathan Yates

There are many reasons why our students, professors, and teaching churches choose B.H. Carroll Theological Institute. So many, that we decided to round up some of our favorite stories in this series: The Faces of Carroll.

Join us in learning more about the Faces of Carroll…

Jonathan Yates

Student: Master of Divinity

Jonathan Yates

Why did you choose Carroll?

I chose B.H. Carroll because most of the classes are online. I can continue working and work on my degree in the evenings. My pastor recommended B.H. Carroll to me when I told him that I felt called into ministry. I also like that B.H. Carroll is a small enough community that I have been able to build relationships with some of my professors. They are concerned with the individual, not just the student they teach.

How does Carroll prepare you for ministry?

The courses are high-level. They may be online, but that does not mean that they are easy. The classes I have taken have prepared me for leadership in ministry. I have taken what I have learned and have immediately applied it to my ministry. I have no doubt that Carroll is preparing me for the next step God has planned for my life.

What do you plan on doing with your degree?

I plan to work on my PhD after I finish my MDiv. We are called to make disciples, and that is what I want to do. I’m not sure where God will lead me, but I am passionate about families making Christ the center of their lives and reaching the nations with the Gospel message. I would love to be involved in helping/training/partnering with pastors in other countries that need education, resources, and support to share God’s love with people who have never heard the name of Jesus Christ.

How has being able to stay planted in your local community while attending Carroll helped to support your life balance?

This is a huge reason I chose to come to Carroll. I didn’t have to move my family to attend seminary. I could do so from my laptop and still receive a high-quality education. I can still work, spend time with my family, and go to school.

What would you say to someone who was considering enrolling in Carroll?

B.H. Carroll is a great seminary to choose for your education. The professors are caring and helpful. Compared to other institutions, the cost is significantly less expensive. If you are looking for a seminary that allows you to do your studies at home while continuing with life, B.H. Carroll would be an excellent choice!

To learn more about becoming a student at Carroll, click here
To learn more about partnering with Carroll as a Teaching Church, contact Lue Kraltchev at lkraltchev@bhcarroll.edu. 
To learn more about teaching at Carroll, contact us at (972) 580-7600. 

Published: Oct 7, 2019

662a42679133e
0
0