B. H. Carroll Theological Institute is a graduate-level community of faith and learning that equips men and women called to serve Christ in the diverse and global ministries of His church.
Through an integrated network of Fellows, Teaching Churches, and Learning Centers, the Institute seeks to mobilize the priesthood of believers for service in society. It provides, through appropriate media, theological education that is both biblically based and praxis oriented. The Institute develops Christ-centered leaders who are committed to academic excellence, life-long learning, and transformational ministry. The Institute works collegially with other evangelical Christians. Its confessional basis is the consensus of opinion concerning those articles of the Christian faith and practice that have been most surely held and expressed in historic Baptist principles and practices.
- Christ-centered, Spirit-led character
- Bible-based, world-engaged curriculum
- Historic Baptist identity and principles
- Intellectual energy interacting with effective praxis
- Vulnerable, responsive, and relevant to a changing world
- Accessible and affordable to all believers
- Collegial, collaborative, and encouraging environment
- Diverse and inclusive community with a global impact
- Linked with and mutually accountable to the churches
- Individual attention to and respect for students
- Synergistic dialogue between Senior Fellows and field-based Resident Fellows
- Intentional, holistic formation of all persons, faculty and students
- Perpetual education: lifelong and mutual learning between faculty and students
- Model and guide students in development of a mature and balanced biblical worldview