Kirsten Floyd, Student Spotlight

Kirsten is a current Master of Arts in Religion student and a faithful B. H. Carroll donor. We invite you to get to know Kirsten!

When did you first hear about Carroll?

I have several personal connections to graduates and faculty members of B. H. Carroll. When I decided to pursue formal education through a seminary, Carroll stood out as a great fit for my interests and values. The option to study online was a crucial factor in my decision, and I am grateful for the opportunity to earn my degree at B. H. Carroll.

How has Carroll impacted your life and ministry?

B. H. Carroll has been instrumental in equipping me in many ways in ministry. I have a deep passion for the local church and love being actively involved. My studies at Carroll have equipped me to not only to learn more about the Bible for myself but to equip others to do so. Additionally, I’ve gained a comprehensive understanding of the various aspects of church operations and church history. This education excites me and motivates me to continue learning and finding ways God can use me within my local church context.

Do you have a favorite quote or book?

I don’t have a single favorite book because I enjoy reading across a wide range of genres. However, if I had to choose, I’d unapologetically name Nicholas Sparks as my favorite author. I love his books and find great pleasure in unwinding with them. Fiction, in general, is my go-to for relaxation, and I’ve particularly enjoyed a variety of fantasy and rom-com novels over the past few years.

What is one interesting thing about you?

Recently, I’ve developed a passion for cooking with my pellet smoker. I spend a lot of time researching and experimenting with different techniques. Currently, I’m particularly enthusiastic about making brisket and exploring new seasoning and cooking methods. Hosting gatherings at our house is something I enjoy, so I often plan my culinary experiments around feeding a large group of friends and family.

What do you enjoy in your free time?

With three kids, a husband, a full-time job, and taking classes, I don’t have a lot of free time! However, as a family, we love spending time outdoors together and often look for fun opportunities to go camping. I also enjoy reading, playing board games with friends almost every week, spending time with family and friends, and recently, I’ve gotten into building Lego sets.

Published: Aug 6, 2024

66e880f564eb9
0
0